Friday, March 9, 2012

Thursday, March 8, 2012

N - reviewing basic parts of speech and grammar symbols (sentence and grammar symbol cards from Montessori for Everyone):











N - using grammar symbols as a prompt for writing sentences:



N - Spelling Power, Level E, Group 35:



N - Singapore Math 4B and exercises:














S - Using the farm to review articles, nouns, and verbs: 






S - Writing simple sentences and labeling them with grammar symbols:





S - Spelling Workout (review of Lessons 26-30):









S - Singapore Math 2B and exercises:









G - sensorial 3D Feel & Find puzzle (first, she traces the outline of the matching piece with her fingers to feel the shape she's looking for; then, with eyes closed, she reaches into the bag and tries to find the matching piece):



Got it! (At this age, I give her only 8 pairs at a time.) 



G - reading and writing simple sentences:



E - writing on chalkboard:



E - farm and farm animals:



E - Melissa & Doug open/close puzzle:



N, S, & G - We did experiment #86 from Janice vanCleave's science experiment book. We poured one cup blue water into a container and one cup rubbing alcohol into another container. We had exactly one cup of each liquid...



...but when we added the rubbing alcohol to the water, we did not have 2 cups of liquid! (Water molecules have pockets of space between them; the pockets are filled by the rubbing alcohol, so the two liquids together do not make 2 full cups. Cool!) 






1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I found you and your blog. Thank you for sharing your experiance with us. Your family is so lovely.
    I have just started my journey with Montessori. I'm polish girl living in UK. I have 3 year old twins and I'm so excited about them learning through play.
    I will read all your post on your blog later as my boys will go to bed in the evening.
    Thank you once again... you are doing great job!

    ReplyDelete